Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day is one of my favorite days of the entire year! I love to use this day to tell everyone just how much I love my son and how happy I am to be a mother. It's not always perfect and sometimes I wonder why in the world I became a mother but just one hug and an "I love you" from my son and it all makes sense to me.

The more I go through with my son, the more I love my own mother. How in the world did she ever put up with me and brothers and sister? We certainly gave her a run for her money. Through it all we always felt loved and taken care of. I can only hope now that we are paying her back with enough "I love Yous"!

I wrote this poem for my mother a few years ago. Each time I look in the mirror I see more and more of her! I wish she had a little botox when looking back at me but, that's another story.

The Face In The Mirror

I look in the mirror only to see

A face staring but it’s not me

The face in the mirror looks at me

With judgment and some rebuke

The face in the mirror looks at me

With reflections of what could have been and

What will be

The face in the mirror looks at me

With a smile that says “don’t worry” and

I’m filled with warmth

The face in the mirror looks at me

Oh what a surprise for me to see

The face of my mother looking back at me

When did this happen. How could it be?

I’ve grown into the woman I’ve

Always wanted to be

I love you mom

No comments: