Tuesday, March 9, 2010

You Call That A Birthday Present!


We very tragically lost our dear Pug dog "Snickers" last year. He was only 8 years old. Left behind was our 14 year old Pug named Princess. We had thought she would be the first to go. The sadness in our home was unbearable. We love our dogs like they are our children. I have always been the one that took care of them when they were small since I worked from. Needless to say, they were always stuck to me like glue.
When Snickers passed I was working more and more away from home. When the conversation of getting another puppy came up we decided we would wait. The more we waited, the more I thought how nice it would be to have my house back. No more dog hair every where, messes to clean, vet bills, you know what I mean.
Well, for my birthday my husband Paul surprised me and took me to see the new Pug puppies he had picked out for me! I know my face turned white. I thought of the cost, the work and the heartbreak I was going to have when something happened.
That was in October. We picked them up December 4th. I was always amazed at the energy a puppy had, I was shocked to see the energy two puppies had! If I wasn't so embarrassed I would take photos of the damage they have done to my living room and post them for you to see. I'm afraid to have a record of what they have done.
As bad as they are, we love them so much and we let them get away with it! I am talking with a trainer and hopefully soon they will be under control.
Today is my 19 year anniversary with my husband Paul. Please, oh please, don't let my gift need to breathe!
Tracy

No comments: